Have you seen? I guest blogged for Designlovefest yesterday. Many asked about where I got the plate and mini cast iron skillet, some asked for the recipes of French pressed coffee and baked egg. So here’s the info…
Large Plate // Anthropologie
Mini Cup with Spoon // Anthropologie
Mini Cast Iron Skillet // Crate & Barrel
:: To make one cup of French pressed coffee (note: keep in mind that I’m not an expert) -
1. Put two big scoops of freshly ground roasted coffee using a soup spoon (I don’t use measuring cup, not a fan of math) into a French pressed.
2. Slowly pour hot water in evenly. Here’s the tricky part and I’ve tested this many times – count 5 seconds on a normal speed. (you might want to keep testing this until you get your coffee to the way you like)
3. Let it sit for about 15 minutes. I like my coffee dark, so I let it sit for a longer time. Again, keep testing the timing til you get it perfect.
4. Put warmed milk (or cold. I just like my coffee hot) and sugar into the cup first, then pour the coffee. I find my coffee smoother if I put the milk and sugar in first. Even better, sometimes I use sweeten condensed milk instead.
:: To make baked egg -
1. Pre heat oven to 325°F.
2. Break 1 egg into each lightly greased skillet.
3. Spoon milk evenly over eggs.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes in 325°F oven until egg white is set and yolk begins to thicken.